Saeed Saeed | August 13, 2013
Want a delicious summer recipe? Here’s how to make a Caprese salad, as prepared by the chefs at The Meat Co.
Rare roast beef slices 2pcs (40g)
Buffalo Mozarella – sliced 2 pcs (65g)
Baby spinach – 12g
Roma tomatoes – sliced 2 pcs (70g)
Asparagus – 50g
Basil oil – 5ml
Honey mustard dressing – 20ml
Chilli oil dressing – 5ml
1. Roll the blanched asparagus(marinate with salt & pepper) with rare roast beef slices.
2. Arrange the baby spinach (3-4 leaves), twice in a serving plate.
3. Place the two slice of the beef tomato on top of the spinach and drizzled
with chilli and lemon oil.
4. Place the buffalo mozarella slices on the tomatoes and roast rolled beef on top.
5. Drizzle the beef with honey mustard dressing.
6. Garnish with basil oil.
Ingredients to prepare the beef (US Striploin – full head, fully trimmed)
Marinade – salt 20g
Black peppercorns, cracked – 5g
Dijon mustard – 40g
Rosemary, freshly chopped -10g
Thyme, freshly chopped – 10g
Method – to prepare the beef
1. Cut the striploin into 3 pieces.
2. Seal on the flat top with olive oil – all sides.
3. Rub the marinade onto the meat.
4. Cook in the oven at 180⁰C for 25 minutes.
5. Cool in the fridge.
Ingredients for chilli oil dressing
Olive oil 20g
Chilli flakes 150g
Caster sugar 700ml
Lemon juice 300ml
Salt – fine 25g
Pepper – cracked 100ml
White balsamic dressing 5g
Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl together except the olive oil. While mixing add olive oil little by little, check for seasoning and consistency.
Honey mustard dressing
Olive oil – 750ml
White wine vinegar – 250ml
Whole grain mustard – 35g
Dijon mustard – 40g
Lime zest – 2g
Lemon zest – 6g
Honey – 50g
Salt – 15g
Pepper – ground white – 4g
Egg yolk – 3 pieces
1. In a stainless steel bowl, add egg yolks, mustard and vinegar.
2. Whisk thoroughly to combine ingredients properly.
3. Slowly begin adding olive oil, whilst whisking continuously.
4. Add zest, honey, salt and pepper, then whisk again to combine ingredients.
5. Check seasoning and store labelled in an airtight container in refrigerator.