photodesk | September 19, 2012
A model has her make-up done backstage ahead of the David Koma show during the 2012 London Fashion Week. Facundo Arrizabalaga / EPA
A board showing Ashish creations at London Fashion Week. Olivia Harris / Reuters
Photos from 2012 London Fashion Week including designs by Burberry, John Rocha, Temperley, Philip Treacy, Marios Schwab and more.
A taylor irons a garment backstage ahead of the Burberry Prorsum show. Ben Stansall / AFP Photo
A model points at a poster as dresses are prepared backstage ahead of the Burberry Prorsum 2013 spring/summer collection. Ben Stansall / AFP Photo
The 2013 spring/summer collections were presented at the fashion week in the English capital from 14 to 18 September.
- Metallic was the order of the day for Burberry with shiny foiled leather on show. Carl Court / AFP Photo
A visitor photographs models during the Tata Naka spring/summer collection presentation at London Fashion Week in London on September 18, 2012. Carl Court / AFP Photo
A model presents a creation by designer Aminaka Wilmont. Carl Court / AFP Photo
Temperley was all about easy, breezy chic. Carl Court / AFP Photo
British actor Bill Nighy and editor-in-chief of American Vogue Anna Wintour in attendance at London Fashion Week for the show of designer Nicole Farhi. Carl Court / AFP Photo
A model wears a design from the Philip Treacy collection. Jonathan Short / AP Photo
Models parade down the catwalk during the Marios Schwab show. Lewis Whyld AP Photo / PA
- A model reflected in a mirror wearing a creation from the Meadham Kirchhoff. Suzanne Plunkett / Reuters
John Rocha offered an unashamedly feminine approach to eveningwear. Jonathan Short / AP Photo
The National’s fashion correspondent Gemma Champ is blogging every day from London Fashion Week.
More from LFW 2012
• Day one: fragile flavours from Willow and Bora Aksu
• Day two: a bunch of raving hippies but John Rocha goes against the grain
• Day three: feeling blue at Ford, Schwab, Temperley, Smith
• Day four: old-school revivals at Louise Gray, Burberry, Richard Nicoll, Osman and a family affair at Smythson
• Day five: gecko fabulous at Mulberry, disco divas at Roksanda Ilincic, neon novelty at Simone Rocha
Read Gemma’s coverage from New York Fashion Week including an exclusive interview with Victoria Beckham.
• Victoria Beckham shows her Californian side
• NYFW Day 6: Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein show us how it’s done